Whatever your age, skill level, interest and availability, it’s easy to make volunteering work for you. Find out about environmental volunteering opportunities around metropolitan SA.
There are many ways to connect, conserve and protect the environment.
One way is by volunteering your time to deliver on-ground action with a local volunteer group.
Adelaide’s volunteer groups deliver weeding, seed collection, monitoring and surveys, plantings, event management, customer service and much more to help look after the environment.
Why volunteer for the environment?
- Learn new skills and get to know the plants and animals in your local area.
- Meet like-minded people from diverse backgrounds.
- Share your passion and knowledge about the environment.
- Spend time in some of the most beautiful and special places in metropolitan Adelaide.
- Improve your health and wellbeing through connecting with nature.
5 ways to find volunteering opportunities in Adelaide
- Contact a local volunteer group by using the interactive map below.
- Get in touch with one of Adelaide’s environment centres for advice on local environmental programs to join. Contact either the Adelaide Sustainability Centre, or the Port Environment Centre.
- Browse the Adelaide Sustainability Centre’s website with its selection of places, groups and programs to get involved.
- Explore the websites of local groups that do environmental work. You could start with Friends of Parks SA, National Landcare Directory, Trees for Life, Conservation Australia and Volunteering SA.
- Join a citizen science group to help collect and analyse data for local environmental projects. Visit the Inspiring SA website to find out more.