The environment centres act as customer-facing shopfronts offering information, activities and events that build capacity for sustainable living and looking after the environment.
You can visit an environment centre to:
- Build skills for local sustainable action with training workshops on gardening to grant writing, and more.
- Connect with your community through local volunteer groups and neighbourhood projects like In Our Street.
- Join events and activities covering topics from recycling to native bushfoods, Kaurna culture, nature photography, planting days, art, and more.
- Contribute to scientific research by getting involved in citizen science events.
- Find help and help others through produce and clothing swaps, community gardens, and repair cafes.
- As a place to gather support in times of crisis like a bushfire or flood.